Delphi Prog in Windows Control Panel?

Hi,

I've seen several programs add themselves to the windows control panel. So
far I figured out that most of the stuff is contained in cpl files, which
are just dll's. However, Microsoft's XMouse (part of the power toys set)
doesn't seem to need one, at least I could only find an executable..

The question is, how can I add my program to the control panel??

Thanks in advance,

-dirk

mailto:d.j.fa...@student.utwente.nl

Re:Delphi Prog in Windows Control Panel?

I saw a sample chapter on a book called (something like): Delphi
secrets.

If you can't find it send me email and I will find the actual title. It
is a great book by the way.

Regards, Gus

Dirk Faber wrote:

> Hi,

> I've seen several programs add themselves to the windows control panel. So
> far I figured out that most of the stuff is contained in cpl files, which
> are just dll's. However, Microsoft's XMouse (part of the power toys set)
> doesn't seem to need one, at least I could only find an executable..

> The question is, how can I add my program to the control panel??

> Thanks in advance,

> -dirk

> mailto:d.j.fa...@student.utwente.nl

| Gus Estrella                 International Bull Telecommunications |
| Manager, Network Management Systems                    Groupe Bull |
| G.Estre...@bull.com           http://www.digitaldaze.com/estrella/ |
|                                                                    |
| "Don't assume intent or malice until stupidity has been ruled out" |

Re:Delphi Prog in Windows Control Panel?

Yes, I just read it yesterday evening.
the book is called Delphi 32 Secrets and the author is Tom Swan.
I did not try the control panel part but according to the text it has a new component on the cd which simplifies control panel
development.

The book has many other good sections as well.

johan

"Dirk Faber " <d.j.fa...@student.utwente.nl> wrote:

>I've seen several programs add themselves to the windows control panel. So
>far I figured out that most of the stuff is contained in cpl files, which
>are just dll's. However, Microsoft's XMouse (part of the power toys set)
>doesn't seem to need one, at least I could only find an executable..

>The question is, how can I add my program to the control panel??

You're right: a CPL file can provide multiple icons and applications
to the Control Panel. I wrote a Delphi DLL which compiles to 31KB.
E-mail me if you want a copy of the source.

Groete

Abel du Plessis     abel...@unison.co.za
Kommetjie
South Africa

Re:Delphi Prog in Windows Control Panel?

Hi Abel,

> You're right: a CPL file can provide multiple icons and applications
> to the Control Panel. I wrote a Delphi DLL which compiles to 31KB.
> E-mail me if you want a copy of the source.

I sure would be interested if you could send me a copy of that project -
I'm a Delphi 2 newbie - but have been coding in ADA,VB and various other
lesser known languages for about 12 years - all help is good especially
since there is less general information available to the Delphi developer
than the VB or C++ programmer!

Best regards,

Jon Souter
UK