Telnet application example....

    I need a very simple example about connecting to a telnet server....

    Actually I'm trying to use TClientSocket, port 23 and an IP address in
the Host property. I've tried with Blocking and NotBlocking ClientType.
    I call the Open method and I read the buffer, I have 15 bytes to
process, but I shuld recieved this text:

Welcome to the NCR 386/486 UNIX System

UNIX System V Release 4.0 (smp001) (pts/4)

login:
    What's the problem ??. I know the telnet protocol uses the USASCII
character set but even trying to translate those bytes I recieve to ASCII I
can't see anything, just extrange characters....

    Any help would be very appreciated.....

Thanks in advance.

Re:Telnet application example....

>    What's the problem ??. I know the telnet protocol uses the USASCII
>character set but even trying to translate those bytes I recieve to
>ASCII I can't see anything, just extrange characters....

Those strange characters probably represent codes that display screen
formatting. What you would need is a Telnet client that has support for
that (telnet emulators)

Hadi Hariri <h...@delphihome.com> wrote in message

> Those strange characters probably represent codes that display screen
> formatting. What you would need is a Telnet client that has support for
> that (telnet emulators)

Or it could be Telenet negotiation commands: see RFC854 and all other telnet
related RFCs.

For emulator resources see
http://www.cs.utk.edu/~shuford/terminal_index.html

Alex