Icons at more than 16 colours in D5?

HI there,

I'm trying to assign an icon to Application.Icon in D5, and it seems
that even if the icon is at 256 colours, Delphi converts it to 16
colours (which looks pretty bad). So my questions are:

1. Is there any way to make D5 accept/display 256-colour icons for the
application?

2. Do later versions of Delphi have better support for higher colour
depths in application.icon?

All help appreciated,
Martin

Re:Icons at more than 16 colours in D5?

I've never tested in D5. But in Delphi 6 and D7, assigning 8bit, 24bit,
32bit colors icons is OK.
(16x16, 32x32, event 128x128 are also ok:-) )

"Martin Holmes" <mhol...@uvic.ca> wrote in message

> HI there,

> I'm trying to assign an icon to Application.Icon in D5, and it seems
> that even if the icon is at 256 colours, Delphi converts it to 16
> colours (which looks pretty bad). So my questions are:

> 1. Is there any way to make D5 accept/display 256-colour icons for the
> application?

> 2. Do later versions of Delphi have better support for higher colour
> depths in application.icon?

> All help appreciated,
> Martin

Re:Icons at more than 16 colours in D5?

> 1. Is there any way to make D5 accept/display 256-colour icons for the
> application?

Don't know.

> 2. Do later versions of Delphi have better support for higher colour
> depths in application.icon?

Delphi 7 and Delphi 6 don't seem to have problems with 256-colour icons.

Best wishes,
Michael

Re:Icons at more than 16 colours in D5?

> I'm trying to assign an icon to Application.Icon in D5, and it seems
> that even if the icon is at 256 colours, Delphi converts it to 16
> colours (which looks pretty bad). So my questions are:

I've never had any problems using icons with more than 16 colors in D5 (no
problems with Delphi 3 either). Can you tell what exactly you are doing?

Jens

Other Threads