Software vs hardware Rendering

Hi there

How can I let the user of my program change whether OGL uses hardware or
software rendering (Similar to what Windows does when changing to
another colour depth)

Any suggestions?

Regards

Barry Swart

Re:Software vs hardware Rendering

>How can I let the user of my program change whether OGL uses hardware or
>software rendering (Similar to what Windows does when changing to
>another colour depth)

You can determine HW v SW rendering by picking the appropriate pixel format. IIRC I put some sample code on my web site that shows some searching of available pixel formats.

http://home1.gte.net/jqjacobs/index.htm

Jon

Re:Software vs hardware Rendering

> How can I let the user of my program change whether OGL uses hardware or
> software rendering (Similar to what Windows does when changing to
> another colour depth)

> Any suggestions?

I'm not sure if http://glscene.org supports turning hardware rendering on
and off.

DD

Re:Software vs hardware Rendering

I had a look at this code, but can I let the user change the settings so that the program will by default only use e.g. software rendering?  This might be necessary when a
certain driver for a graphics card does not function properly - then the user can change to software rendering.

Regards

barry

Jon Jacobs wrote:
> >How can I let the user of my program change whether OGL uses hardware or
> >software rendering (Similar to what Windows does when changing to
> >another colour depth)

> You can determine HW v SW rendering by picking the appropriate pixel format. IIRC I put some sample code on my web site that shows some searching of available pixel formats.

> http://home1.gte.net/jqjacobs/index.htm

> Jon

Other Threads