Interbase slow when Internet connection down

I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that Interbase tries to access the
Internet when opening a database.

I see this happen both in our Delphi programs and in IBConsole.

This was really noticable today because our DSL connection was down, and
Interbase had to wait a few seconds for the connection to time out before it
could open the database.

(To connect to the Interbase server, I am specifying the server's IP address
NOT the host name.)

Anyone?

Paul Morey
Hansco Info. Tech. Inc.

Re:Interbase slow when Internet connection down

Paul Morey wrote:

> I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed that Interbase tries to access the
> Internet when opening a database.

InterBase doesn't, Windows does.

> I see this happen both in our Delphi programs and in IBConsole.

> This was really noticable today because our DSL connection was down, and
> Interbase had to wait a few seconds for the connection to time out before it
> could open the database.

> (To connect to the Interbase server, I am specifying the server's IP address
> NOT the host name.)

Doesn't matter, if you have a internet connection registered with Windows,
Windows will always assume TCP/IP addresses should first be resolved from the
internet addresses.  What happens if you switch to NamedPipes as the connection
type?

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
Maybe it was infatuation or the thrill of the chase.

Other Threads