Changing the OpenDialog's default button caption

I once saw a method to enable me to change the default caption of the "Open"
button in the TOpenDialog, but I've lost the reference. Can anyone help me
with this?

Re:Changing the OpenDialog's default button caption

In the February 1999 issue of Delphi Developer's Journal is an
article - "Extending the common dialogs" by Kent Reisdorph.  It is
some ten pages and discusses "dialog resources" and creating a new
dialog class to put your own controls on a common dialog.

Bruce wrote in message <7r9mnd$i...@forums.borland.com>...
>I once saw a method to enable me to change the default caption of the
"Open"
>button in the TOpenDialog, but I've lost the reference. Can anyone
help me
>with this?

Re:Changing the OpenDialog's default button caption

Thanks! I knew I saw this article somewhere.

Barry Brown <ba...@vnahelp.com> wrote in message

> In the February 1999 issue of Delphi Developer's Journal is an
> article - "Extending the common dialogs" by Kent Reisdorph.  It is
> some ten pages and discusses "dialog resources" and creating a new
> dialog class to put your own controls on a common dialog.

> Bruce wrote in message <7r9mnd$i...@forums.borland.com>...
> >I once saw a method to enable me to change the default caption of the
> "Open"
> >button in the TOpenDialog, but I've lost the reference. Can anyone
> help me
> >with this?

Re:Changing the OpenDialog's default button caption

> I once saw a method to enable me to change the default caption of the "Open"
> button in the TOpenDialog, but I've lost the reference. Can anyone help me
> with this?

Changing control captions in the common dialogs:

Uses CommCtrl;

var
  buffer: array [0..80] of char;]
begin
  StrCopy( Buffer, 'Create New' );
  SendMessage( GetParent((Sender as TSaveDialog).handle),
CDM_SETCONTROLTEXT, IDOK, integer(@Buffer));
end;

Works similar for TOpendialog, the Open button also has the id IDOK.