problems with TP 7.0 for DOS under Win 98 - TURBO.TPL needed

I'm running Turbo pascal 7.0 for DOS on a PC with Win 98 on it.

When I compile a program with "uses crt" in it it doesn't work and instead I
get the error message "division by zero".
If I delete "uses crt" it works, but then I cannot use "clrscr" and other
procedures or functions.
I think there is a problem in my TURBO.TPL file, though it is an original
Borland version.

Can anyone help please ?
thank you

Elena

Re:problems with TP 7.0 for DOS under Win 98 - TURBO.TPL needed

elena <mailto:writinghe...@yahoo.com> said:

>I'm running Turbo pascal 7.0 for DOS on a PC with Win 98 on it.

>When I compile a program with "uses crt" in it it doesn't work and instead I
>get the error message "division by zero".
>If I delete "uses crt" it works, but then I cannot use "clrscr" and other
>procedures or functions.
>I think there is a problem in my TURBO.TPL file, though it is an original
>Borland version.

*Sigh* Please read before writing, it saves us all time. Info:

Mini-FAQ posted weekly lists this. Copies in the newsgroup and at
                        http://homepages.force9.net/pascal/faq/clpb-faq.txt
                        http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/clpb-faq.txt
                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/doc-net/faqclpb.zip

Also Timo Salmi's FAQ - monthly pointer posted in clpb
                        ftp://garbo.uwasa.fi/pc/link/tsfaqp.zip
                        See #124

--
Pedt

Re:problems with TP 7.0 for DOS under Win 98 - TURBO.TPL needed

>I'm running Turbo pascal 7.0 for DOS on a PC with Win 98 on it.

>When I compile a program with "uses crt" in it it doesn't work and instead I
>get the error message "division by zero".
>If I delete "uses crt" it works, but then I cannot use "clrscr" and other
>procedures or functions.
>I think there is a problem in my TURBO.TPL file, though it is an original
>Borland version.

>Can anyone help please ?
>thank you

>Elena

The FAQ of this board addressed this problem some time ago, I imagine it still
does but I haven't read it in awhile. Borlands web site discusses this subject
also. I also think a search on the web for 'tppatch.zip' will find you the
solution you are looking for.

James

Other Threads