Any way to let programs control your Delphi 1.0 program?

Hello All!

I've made a quite nifty program, whose functions I would like to make available
to other programs macro languages or put on their menus. Is there any way to do
this in Delphi1?

I looked in WordBasic Help, in the hope of finding anything on letting Word
control other programs, but the only thing there was the other way around -
controlling Word from other programs.. I couldn't even find anything about
creating an OLE automation client in Word, to connect to a server in Delphi2...

Best regards,
   Christian // ctib...@silver.ct.se

.. Confucius say: A bird in hand makes hard to blow nose.

Re:Any way to let programs control your Delphi 1.0 program?

In article <ftn_2.200.602.0_1bf1c0e0_Christian.Tib...@silver.ct.se>,
Christian Tiberg <christian.tib...@silver.ct.se> writes

>Hello All!

>I've made a quite nifty program, whose functions I would like to make available
>to other programs macro languages or put on their menus. Is there any way to do
>this in Delphi1?

>I looked in WordBasic Help, in the hope of finding anything on letting Word
>control other programs, but the only thing there was the other way around -
>controlling Word from other programs.. I couldn't even find anything about
>creating an OLE automation client in Word, to connect to a server in Delphi2...

i think that if you want your program to act under another's control
then you will really need to decide what Apps they will be and then find
out what messages|DDE you need to process for these external apps to
work with yours.  Also, you could simply work on the onice that apps
written hence will be able to control your program - you write an API to
the DDE messages or windows messages sent to your application.

I've probably missed the point to nevertheless ...
--
Nicholas Robinson

christian.tib...@silver.ct.se (Christian Tiberg) wrote:
>Hello All!

>I've made a quite nifty program, whose functions I would like to make available
>to other programs macro languages or put on their menus. Is there any way to do
>this in Delphi1?

>I looked in WordBasic Help, in the hope of finding anything on letting Word
>control other programs, but the only thing there was the other way around -
>controlling Word from other programs.. I couldn't even find anything about
>creating an OLE automation client in Word, to connect to a server in Delphi2...

Depending what the functions are that you hve in mind, it can be
pretty simple to add DDE ability to your app. For instance, you
can write a WordBasic macro to send a DDE macro command to your app -
which can then do its stuff (including manipulating Word) and poke the
data back to Word.

--
Best wishes

John Nurick

e-mail: j.nur...@dial.pipex.com
v-mail: <+44|0> 191 281 1306

Re:Any way to let programs control your Delphi 1.0 program?

On Wed, 12 Jun 96 21:32:00 +0200, christian.tib...@silver.ct.se

(Christian Tiberg) wrote:
>Hello All!

>I've made a quite nifty program, whose functions I would like to make available
>to other programs macro languages or put on their menus. Is there any way to do
>this in Delphi1?

>I looked in WordBasic Help, in the hope of finding anything on letting Word
>control other programs, but the only thing there was the other way around -
>controlling Word from other programs.. I couldn't even find anything about
>creating an OLE automation client in Word, to connect to a server in Delphi2...

What about these old-fashioned DLLs?  :-)

WordBasic / VisualBasic for Applications and most software with macro
supportI am aware of are able to link dynamically to DLLs. In
WordBasic for instance you could do something like

<quote WinWord 7 help>
Declare Sub Unterroutine Lib Bibliothek$ [(Argumentliste)] [Alias
Routine$]
Declare Function Funktion[$] Lib Bibliothek$ [(Argumentliste)] [Alias
Routine$] As Typ
</quote>

For the MS products at least you can squeeze these macros into menus
then...

--
Stefan Hoffmeister                       Stefan.Hoffmeis...@Uni-Passau.de
University of Passau, Bavaria, Germany   http://www.rz.uni-passau.de/~w4hoff01/