Killing a long running MS SQL 6.5 query

I would like to know if anyone knows of a way to kill a long running
query against MS SQL 6.5.  I am using many different datasets
associated with one TDatabase component, so I don't want to do
anything that will drop my connection or otherwise prevent the other
datasets from working (ideally, a poorly define query could be
stopped, redefined and re-executed).

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Randy M. Starr
Data Solutions, an Interlink company

Re:Killing a long running MS SQL 6.5 query

Try to run the query in a different worker thread. You can cancel threads if
I'm right.

Dave

Randy M. Starr wrote in message <3506af68.80019...@forums.borland.com>...
>I would like to know if anyone knows of a way to kill a long running
>query against MS SQL 6.5.  I am using many different datasets
>associated with one TDatabase component, so I don't want to do
>anything that will drop my connection or otherwise prevent the other
>datasets from working (ideally, a poorly define query could be
>stopped, redefined and re-executed).

>Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

>Randy M. Starr
>Data Solutions, an Interlink company