LocaleID problem with Excel automation and early binding

Hello,

I have a problem with Excel automation. Everytime I have to pass the
LocaleID to Excel, I receive the error 'old format or invalid type library'.
I have read the newsgroup article (dated 29/02/2000) where Binh Ly and
Deborah Pate explain what the problem is, but the situation on my PC does
not correspond to the situation they describe.

I am using Delphi 5.01, Microsoft Office 2000 SR1 and Internet Explorer 5
SR1. I have checked the version of my VBScript.dll and that is 5.01. But
still, when I pass a LocaleID to Excel it has to be zero, otherwise I
receive the 'old format or invalid type library' error.

If I use 0 as LocaleID everything works fine, but what are the consequences
of passing this as LocaleID. Is this harmless and will it work independent
of the language of the operating system, office and explorer, or is there
another (and better) way to get aroud this problem?

Can anyone give me some advise on these matters? Any help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Luc Feys

Re:LocaleID problem with Excel automation and early binding

"Luc Feys" <l...@hemmis.be> skrev i melding

> I am using Delphi 5.01, Microsoft Office 2000 SR1 and Internet Explorer 5
> SR1. I have checked the version of my VBScript.dll and that is 5.01. But
> still, when I pass a LocaleID to Excel it has to be zero, otherwise I
> receive the 'old format or invalid type library' error.

> If I use 0 as LocaleID everything works fine, but what are the consequences
> of passing this as LocaleID. Is this harmless and will it work independent
> of the language of the operating system, office and explorer, or is there
> another (and better) way to get aroud this problem?

Hi !

I was helped by Deborah Pate on this one, with setting lcid:=0. Haven't seen
any problems so far (running Office 97/2000 Englisth&Norwegian versions on
Win95/98).

--
Bjoerge Saether
Consultant / Developer

Re:LocaleID problem with Excel automation and early binding

<<Luc Feys:
what are the consequences of passing this as LocaleID. Is
this harmless and will it work independent of the language
of the operating system, office and explorer

Msdn article Q246501 suggests that the currency
settings will be determined by the OS version, *not*
the user's chosen Windows settings. So if your users
have, say, American versions of Windows, that could
be a problem.

--
Deborah Pate

Other Threads