Can I stop the query ?

I access dBase files with BDE in Delphi 4 application.
How to stop the query started with 'Open' method of the TQuery component ?
I would like to stop it if the time of execution is to long or after user's
action.

Re:Can I stop the query ?

There is no way to stop a query using a TQuery component.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Can I stop the query ?

I think (didn't yet tried it) you can start a thread which creates a TQuery
component with all your properties and opens it. If timeout occurs, you stop
the thread or kill it.
But I suppose one should be careful due to I don't know which sessions or
connections are open to the BDE.

Janusz Krupa <j...@friko4.onet.pl> schrieb in im Newsbeitrag:
889git$i...@bornews.borland.com...

> I access dBase files with BDE in Delphi 4 application.
> How to stop the query started with 'Open' method of the TQuery component ?
> I would like to stop it if the time of execution is to long or after
user's
> action.

Re:Can I stop the query ?

Use a Callback-Funktion DbiRegisterCallback. See BDE Help
Lucien

Janusz Krupa schrieb:

> I access dBase files with BDE in Delphi 4 application.
> How to stop the query started with 'Open' method of the TQuery component ?
> I would like to stop it if the time of execution is to long or after user's
> action.

Other Threads