Open a Table and then change a type of Field

How I can Open a Table and then change a type of Field from
TStringField to TBytes or TVarBytes ?

I need this because a need write a 'A' + chr(0) + 'B'
and the field really is a TStringField and I can't change this on the .dbf
structure because there are more applications that use this field.

Thanks

Ale

Re:Open a Table and then change a type of Field

Hi Ale,

try the example #3
http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/bdeapiex/dbidorestructure.html

It should do what you want.

Pierre

Ale <a...@outciudad.com.ar> a crit dans le message :
86hj4m$m...@bornews.borland.com...

> How I can Open a Table and then change a type of Field from
> TStringField to TBytes or TVarBytes ?

> I need this because a need write a 'A' + chr(0) + 'B'
> and the field really is a TStringField and I can't change this on the .dbf
> structure because there are more applications that use this field.

> Thanks

> Ale

Other Threads