TQuery component does not support cached updates with ACCESS DB

Hi all

I use access database with Delphi 4. In some situations i must use TQuery
with CachedUpdates=True and in addition a TUpdateSQL linked to this Query
component. But i see that when i set CachedUpdates=True in TQuery, when i
want to activate it, it gives an error such as "Operation does not supported
for this type of object. Field.". What does it mean. Meanwhile with paradox
or any local database, there's no problem. What's the problem with this
Access tables. Have an idea?

My system includes Delphi 4.02+WinNT SP4+DAO 3.5

Re:TQuery component does not support cached updates with ACCESS DB

I just started getting this error also after I loaded service pack 2.  So I
headed to the news group to see if anyone else was having this problem.  And
guess what's at the top of the list.  This is a major problem that's going
the have to be fixed immediately.  I'm in the middle of new product
deployments.  All using Access DB's.  This is the first time I've ever had
any problems.

Taryk wrote in message <71bfb9$k...@forums.borland.com>...
>Hi all

>I use access database with Delphi 4. In some situations i must use TQuery
>with CachedUpdates=True and in addition a TUpdateSQL linked to this Query
>component. But i see that when i set CachedUpdates=True in TQuery, when i
>want to activate it, it gives an error such as "Operation does not
supported
>for this type of object. Field.". What does it mean. Meanwhile with paradox
>or any local database, there's no problem. What's the problem with this
>Access tables. Have an idea?

>My system includes Delphi 4.02+WinNT SP4+DAO 3.5

Re:TQuery component does not support cached updates with ACCESS DB

I also updated delphi with delphi update pack #2 a few minutes before
getting this error. I'll try it with Update Pack #1. Let's see what happens.

Thanks for this tip.

Walter Fordham wrote in message <71cdp8$l...@forums.borland.com>...
>I just started getting this error also after I loaded service pack 2.  So I
>headed to the news group to see if anyone else was having this problem.
And
>guess what's at the top of the list.  This is a major problem that's going
>the have to be fixed immediately.  I'm in the middle of new product
>deployments.  All using Access DB's.  This is the first time I've ever had
>any problems.

>Taryk wrote in message <71bfb9$k...@forums.borland.com>...
>>Hi all

>>I use access database with Delphi 4. In some situations i must use TQuery
>>with CachedUpdates=True and in addition a TUpdateSQL linked to this Query
>>component. But i see that when i set CachedUpdates=True in TQuery, when i
>>want to activate it, it gives an error such as "Operation does not
>supported
>>for this type of object. Field.". What does it mean. Meanwhile with
paradox
>>or any local database, there's no problem. What's the problem with this
>>Access tables. Have an idea?

>>My system includes Delphi 4.02+WinNT SP4+DAO 3.5

Re:TQuery component does not support cached updates with ACCESS DB

Have you guys tried deleting and re-adding the query again?

I got this problem after the patch as well and I believe it sorted itself
out once I re-added them again, not exactly an ideal solution (and probably
redudant since you will probably have to go back to the old IDDA3532.DLL for
the time being if you want decent performance from Access anyway)

Glad someone else has found it, none of the other programmers in my office
got these error messages and I thought I was (or NT was) going mad! :)

Also, has any else noticed that the value type for integer parameter fields
seems to change from Integer to Byte?   I cant say for a 100% fact that it
was SP2, but my queries were working fine before SP2....It has happened once
before, but I didnt pick it up for a while and couldnt trace it.

cheers,
si

Taryk wrote in message <71ciav$l...@forums.borland.com>...
>I also updated delphi with delphi update pack #2 a few minutes before
>getting this error. I'll try it with Update Pack #1. Let's see what
happens.

>Thanks for this tip.

>Walter Fordham wrote in message <71cdp8$l...@forums.borland.com>...
>>I just started getting this error also after I loaded service pack 2.  So
>>headed to the news group to see if anyone else was having this problem.
>And
>>guess what's at the top of the list.  This is a major problem that's going
>>the have to be fixed immediately.  I'm in the middle of new product
>>deployments.  All using Access DB's.  This is the first time I've ever had
>>any problems.

Other Threads