client datasets & nested datasets

Hi folks,
I'm still tryin to do a biological simulation model.
Therefore I want to create a dataset that is nested in another dataset
which is also nested in a dataset, a.s.o.
My datastructure has a max depth of 5 datasets.
How can I realize this ?
It seems that I can do nested datasets just one step deep; nest a
dataset in another. I did this via ftDataset in the childdefs, but if I
try to get a step deeper it won't let me create the dataset.
What about using ftReference ?
How do I setup such a nested dataset structure??
I actually wanted to use the cds because I can then save the whole
structure in one file to disc.
By the way is there any good online tutorial or book on D4, especially
on this dataset thing ??
Any help appreciated...
thx

peter e.

Re:client datasets & nested datasets

[...]

Josh,

>You should be able to do this to 16 levels.  You should do this via code
and
>not in the designer because of a bug in the designer.

Any chance that bug will be fixed in a D4 release?

Thanks
Stuart

Re:client datasets & nested datasets

>>You should be able to do this to 16 levels.  You should do this via code
>and
>>not in the designer because of a bug in the designer.

>Any chance that bug will be fixed in a D4 release?

No. I was wrong about it being a bug.  It was designed with that limitation.
It might be improved in Delphi 5, but it is too early to tell for sure.

Josh

Other Threads