Reportsmith (runtime)

I have made an application using reportsmith. I tried installing both BDE
and RS-runtime on another computer, which just went fine. I used the
files found in the 'redist' subdirectory of the original CD.

The BDE works quite allright. My problem is, as soon as I ask a report to
be printed, I get the error 'cannot find RS_RUN.EXE'. I have checked it
manually, and RS_RUN.EXE is located in the directory I installed it to.

Anybody any idea what went wrong, and what I could do about it?

Thanks,

Wim Chalmet.

Re:Reportsmith (runtime)

Wim Chalmet wrote:

> I have made an application using reportsmith. I tried installing both
> be printed, I get the error 'cannot find RS_RUN.EXE'. I have checked it
> manually, and RS_RUN.EXE is located in the directory I installed it to.

> Anybody any idea what went wrong, and what I could do about it?

We've stopped using ReportSmith in favor of Crystal Reports, so I don't
recall the details, but I believe it was in rs_run.in that the 'ExePath='
often did not get set by the install program.

Other Threads