DCOM Server graceful cleanup

Hi,

I've created a DCOM Server application, and one of the tests which is has to pass, is what happens if the network cable to disconnected from the back of the server.

The client PC, responds with an exception, when it tries to make a COM call, but the server instance is still running. When we try to end the task, is says Access is denied.

It is being run under launching user: and initialising the DCOM Server using the following.

initialization
  TAutoObjectFactory.Create(ComServer, TWorkFlowSessionManager, Class_WorkFlowSessionManager,
    ciMultiInstance, tmApartment);
end.

Any help is gratfully appreciated...

Re:DCOM Server graceful cleanup

Sorted it...

I discovered that you can't kill a process in the Task manager which has
been launched by another user.... Lesson over...

"Mark Smith" <smithm...@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> Hi,

> I've created a DCOM Server application, and one of the tests which is has

to pass, is what happens if the network cable to disconnected from the back
of the server.

> The client PC, responds with an exception, when it tries to make a COM

call, but the server instance is still running. When we try to end the task,
is says Access is denied.

> It is being run under launching user: and initialising the DCOM Server

using the following.

> initialization
>   TAutoObjectFactory.Create(ComServer, TWorkFlowSessionManager,

Class_WorkFlowSessionManager,
>     ciMultiInstance, tmApartment);
> end.

> Any help is gratfully appreciated...

Re:DCOM Server graceful cleanup

pkill should be able to do this for you, if worse comes to worse.

--
have fun
Binh Ly

> Sorted it...

> I discovered that you can't kill a process in the Task manager which has
> been launched by another user.... Lesson over...

Other Threads