IBTable and Filter := False{*word*154}

Hi all,

I'm currently using the latest version of IBX and Delphi 5.01.  I'm having
problems with releasing a filter on a TIBTable.  Intermittently, when I set
IBTable.Filter := False, the app hangs.  I've also been able to hang
delphi's Object Inspector as part of the same problem.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Alan Janke

Re:IBTable and Filter := False{*word*154}

"Alan Janke" <alanja...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:
>Hi all,

>I'm currently using the latest version of IBX and Delphi 5.01.  I'm having
>problems with releasing a filter on a TIBTable.  Intermittently, when I set
>IBTable.Filter := False, the app hangs.  I've also been able to hang
>delphi's Object Inspector as part of the same problem.

>Any ideas?

Not without more information.  Toggleing Filter (I assume you
mean Filterd as Filter is a string and Filtered is a boolean)
on TIBTable causes the SQL to be rewritten and reexecuted on
the server with your Filter property or without it depending on
the Filtered property.  You can write Filter expressions that
will result in very poor queries and that can explain long
delays.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)

Other Threads