Locking with ADO & MS SQL

How can I get a Row Lock?  Client Side Cursors will not allow pessimistic
locking and when I do a Server Side cursor I cannot place an edit on the
row.

Re:Locking with ADO & MS SQL

Try posting in the ado newsgroup. Your chances of getting an answer will be
much better.

--
Bill

Re:Locking with ADO & MS SQL

I have tried on the Microsoft ADO newsgroup and they respond with VB or C++
Examples.  I have tried to implement these as Delphi and am not getting the
desired results.  That is why I went to the Delphi newsgroup.

I have the need to prevent a user from scrolling onto a record that another
user is editing.  In paradox and DBIsam this was easily accomplished using
just an edit of the dataset.  It seems that MS SQL will not throw an
exception till you issue a post.  This is after my user has spent 10 minutes
filling in data.

If this is the improper newsgroup, what newgroup can I use that is Delphi
specific?

Thanks for your help

"Bill Todd (TeamB)" <bill.nos...@dbginc.com> wrote in message

> Try posting in the ado newsgroup. Your chances of getting an answer will
be
> much better.

> --
> Bill