Still Having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE'

We are still having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE' message networking with Delphi
3/Paradox Tables on win95/NT network. The message appears, we reindex the
table and no errors are found.
We updated the VREDIR.VXD file and did not have success.
the machines are correctly configured (windows semantic off, bde local share
set to false).
We have many customers having this problem, and we can't upgrade quickly to
a Client/server environment.
We need a solution A.S.A.P.

Tahnk you for your help!

--
-------------------------------------
GVDasa Informtica

Re:Still Having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE'

Use FlashFiler
http://www.turbopower.com/
Paulo Centeno wrote:
> We are still having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE' message networking with Delphi
> 3/Paradox Tables on win95/NT network. The message appears, we reindex the
> table and no errors are found.
> We updated the VREDIR.VXD file and did not have success.
> the machines are correctly configured (windows semantic off, bde local share
> set to false).
> We have many customers having this problem, and we can't upgrade quickly to
> a Client/server environment.
> We need a solution A.S.A.P.

> Tahnk you for your help!

> --
> -------------------------------------
> GVDasa Informtica
> [email protected]
> -------------------------------------

Re:Still Having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE'

Welcome to the "Index Out Of Date" team !

Re:Still Having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE'

On a Microsoft network Local Share must be set to True.  See TI2989 at
www.borland.com/devsupport/bde/ti_list.

Bill

--

Bill Todd - TeamB

"Paulo Centeno" <[email protected]> wrote:
>We are still having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE' message networking with Delphi
>3/Paradox Tables on win95/NT network. The message appears, we reindex the
>table and no errors are found.
>We updated the VREDIR.VXD file and did not have success.
>the machines are correctly configured (windows semantic off, bde local share
>set to false).

Your machines are NOT configured correctly!

If you are using Win95/NT then LOCAL SHARE = TRUE is the correct
setting.

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Re:Still Having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE'

Hi,

With an NT server you must make registry changes to any Win95/98 machines on the
network. See Borland TI3342, #4 (DisableCacheOnOpen)..

In addition, if you are running the IPX/SPX compatible protocol you will have
problems. This protocol just doesn't work correctly. See for example Microsoft
Article Q171351. Try NetBuei or TCP/IP instead.

Sean

Paulo Centeno wrote:
> We are still having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE' message networking with Delphi
> 3/Paradox Tables on win95/NT network. The message appears, we reindex the
> table and no errors are found.
> We updated the VREDIR.VXD file and did not have success.
> the machines are correctly configured (windows semantic off, bde local share
> set to false).
> We have many customers having this problem, and we can't upgrade quickly to
> a Client/server environment.
> We need a solution A.S.A.P.

> Tahnk you for your help!

> --
> -------------------------------------
> GVDasa Informtica
> [email protected]
> -------------------------------------

Re:Still Having 'INDEX OUT OF DATE'

I had this problem too, checked everything, and found out that if your app
changes the PrivateDir setting, it could corrupt tables if you open the same
tables with another app, like Database Desktop and make changes to a table.
This happens if the default PrivateDir (IDAPI's) differs from the one used
by you app.

Paulo Centeno escribi en mensaje <[email protected]>...

"Ing. Jos Manuel Gmez-Ferrer y Reguero" <[email protected]> wrote:

>I had this problem too, checked everything, and found out that if your app
>changes the PrivateDir setting, it could corrupt tables if you open the same
>tables with another app, like Database Desktop and make changes to a table.
>This happens if the default PrivateDir (IDAPI's) differs from the one used
>by you app.

I haven't seen this problem with PrivateDir.  However, what folder are
you setting PrivateDir to, in your application?

What is the default setting of NET DIR in the BDE Admin?

What folder are you setting NetFileDir to in your application?

Is LOCAL SHARE = TRUE?

Regards,
Chris Roberts

Other Threads