Weird TP7 behaviour

Why does it say UNKNOWN IDENTIFIER about my procs in a unit I made?
The unit is formatted correctly and has worked until now.

Re:Weird TP7 behaviour

Pop wrote:
> Why does it say UNKNOWN IDENTIFIER about my procs in a unit I made?
> The unit is formatted correctly and has worked until now.

The meaning is self-evident.  The compiler encountered an identifier in your
source code which it doesn't understand.  If you haven't changed anything in
that unit, you probably renamed or removed a variable it needs in unit *used*
by the unit which is causing the error.  When you get the error, The compiler
will show you exactly where the error occurred by moving the cursor to the
identifier it doesn't understand.  That would be a good starting point.

Re:Weird TP7 behaviour

On Tue, 06 Oct 1998 00:43:46 -0400, Scott Earnest

<setech@_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Pop wrote:

>> Why does it say UNKNOWN IDENTIFIER about my procs in a unit I made?
>> The unit is formatted correctly and has worked until now.

>The meaning is self-evident.  The compiler encountered an identifier in your
>source code which it doesn't understand.  If you haven't changed anything in
>that unit, you probably renamed or removed a variable it needs in unit *used*
>by the unit which is causing the error.  When you get the error, The compiler
>will show you exactly where the error occurred by moving the cursor to the
>identifier it doesn't understand.  That would be a good starting point.

It seems to not like certain words in unit names: Misc

and in functions: Search..., Find..., etc

Re:Weird TP7 behaviour

Pop wrote:
> It seems to not like certain words in unit names: Misc

> and in functions: Search..., Find..., etc

This is still rather vague.  Specific code examples to offer?

Re:Weird TP7 behaviour

Scott Earnest <setech@_ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>Pop wrote:

>> It seems to not like certain words in unit names: Misc

>> and in functions: Search..., Find..., etc

>This is still rather vague.  Specific code examples to offer?

The unit name cannot have the same name as a function within the unit,
and probably not a function in other units that it uses.
--
For the latest Beta of Huffman Compression Engine II
http://www.webworldinc.com/joejared/WLH7021a.zip

Re:Weird TP7 behaviour

Joe Jared wrote:
> The unit name cannot have the same name as a function within the unit,
> and probably not a function in other units that it uses.

This would lead to duplicate indentifier errors, NOT unknown identifier.