fasreport vs report builder, or rave report?

ok let take this case as comparation....
currently I'm playing with fast report and report builder, and will pick
one.

I have a report which is group, and have a group footer contain a DBRTF
field. the RTF field's height is variable(stretch), and it should align to
page bottom. and remember I have a signature band which should be in page
bottom too.

so
------------
title
group header
detail
detail
detail

group footer(rtf field with stretch)
another group footer
page footer
------------

report builder crash on RTF field stretch

both report builder and fast report requires coding to make band align to
bottom. which is soooo bad...

in quick report + qrdesign is a single click to make it bottom, but there's
so many minor bug and printer driver problem.

any suggestion?

Re:fasreport vs report builder, or rave report?

I would give Crystal Reports a look.  I looked at these report programs and
decided on CR8.5.  Has worked well and I like the active data field
approach, as you can use any data you want in a report. Cheaper than Report
Builder, if you need olap, and graphing.

Front end is well developed and works with other programs such as excel and
access.

Neil Milligan

"Ka Chun, Cheng" <kcchengatbiblecrawlerdotkom> wrote in message

> ok let take this case as comparation....
> currently I'm playing with fast report and report builder, and will pick
> one.

> I have a report which is group, and have a group footer contain a DBRTF
> field. the RTF field's height is variable(stretch), and it should align to
> page bottom. and remember I have a signature band which should be in page
> bottom too.

> so
> ------------
> title
> group header
> detail
> detail
> detail

> group footer(rtf field with stretch)
> another group footer
> page footer

> report builder crash on RTF field stretch

> both report builder and fast report requires coding to make band align to
> bottom. which is soooo bad...

> in quick report + qrdesign is a single click to make it bottom, but
there's
> so many minor bug and printer driver problem.

> any suggestion?

Other Threads