Delphi, ODBC, Oracle Objects for OLE

I have the Standard Delphi package (not the client-server edition) and I
would like to connect to remote Oracle databas. Is there an ODBC
component or does someone have experience with Oracle Objects for OLE?
Please share product experiences and examples if possible> Also, are
there any good books dealing with this topic?

Thanks,
Vik.

Re:Delphi, ODBC, Oracle Objects for OLE

Vikram Chadha (vik...@iglou.iglou.com) wrote:

: I have the Standard Delphi package (not the client-server edition) and I
: would like to connect to remote Oracle databas. Is there an ODBC
: component or does someone have experience with Oracle Objects for OLE?
: Please share product experiences and examples if possible> Also, are
: there any good books dealing with this topic?

        I think there is an Oracle ODBC driver for windows 3.1 at
ftp.microsoft.com/pub/mslxxxx/ora110.exe....

        I am also trying to connect using it....  It is fine with normal
operation...  However, when I try to use it to login automatically, (using
Tdatabase's promptlogin property to false and set argument)  it response to
me that no user is by that name...  Is it something wrong?

I used this in the argument of the database component.

USERNAME = realusername
PASSWORD = realpassword

--
                                                        Yours faithfully,