help with TTCP

Hi

I am trying to get an application to talk to another application across an
ethernet link. As a starting point I am looking at the DChat demo that comes
with D3 professional. When run on the other computer I get an EOleSysError
exception with "Class not registered". Am I am missing a dll on the other
computer? Can anyone help and/or suggest a better alternative starting
point?

thanks in advance

Trevor

Re:help with TTCP

On Thu, 28 Nov 2002 07:59:00 +0200, "T Davies" <tdav...@somta.co.za>
waffled on about something:

>Hi

>I am trying to get an application to talk to another application across an
>ethernet link. As a starting point I am looking at the DChat demo that comes
>with D3 professional. When run on the other computer I get an EOleSysError
>exception with "Class not registered". Am I am missing a dll on the other
>computer? Can anyone help and/or suggest a better alternative starting
>point?

What OS is the remote running?

Re:help with TTCP

Trevor,
IIRC DChat used activex component, I would suggest to use the Francois
Piette ICS freeware component (with source). You can get  it at
http://overbyte.delphicenter.com/frame_index.html

You can also use Indy, the open source suite.
Indy is included in Delphi 6+, Kylix 1+, and C++ Builder 6+.
You can get it at
http://www.nevrona.com/Indy/

IMHO it is the one of the best implementation of TCP/IP component

Sylvain

"T Davies" <tdav...@somta.co.za> wrote in message

> Hi

> I am trying to get an application to talk to another application across an
> ethernet link. As a starting point I am looking at the DChat demo that
comes
> with D3 professional. When run on the other computer I get an EOleSysError
> exception with "Class not registered". Am I am missing a dll on the other
> computer? Can anyone help and/or suggest a better alternative starting
> point?

> thanks in advance

> Trevor

Other Threads