filesize - BP7 & Win95

Hi,
can someone help me, I have a problem using windows 95 as a network, and
BP7.00. When trying to run the program attached (testsize.pas) the server
machine correctly records the file size, but as soon as the program is run
from then the work station, it reports file size correctly, but then adds
the record at the wrong place. When the server has records added it
increments from the work stations record size, and after the server as
added, lets say 5 records, and the work station begins to add new records,
the work station filesize carrys on where it left off the last time it added
record, as if its not getting the physical filesize on the server.

kind regards
michae reyneke
sky...@iqsoftware.co.za

  testsize.pas
1K Download

Re:filesize - BP7 & Win95

JRS:  In article <6cuas7$8c...@news.global.co.za> of Tue, 24 Feb 1998
11:26:07 in comp.lang.pascal.borland, Michael <sky...@iqsoftware.co.za>
wrote:

>can someone help me, I have a problem using windows 95 as a network, and
>BP7.00. When trying to run the program attached (testsize.pas) the server
>[ A MIME application/octet-stream part was included here. ]

I don't bother to read anything other than plain text in a news posting;
its presence is contrary to all (AFAIK) netiquette, FAQs, RFCs, &c.  I
generally don't bother to answer any subsequent questions by the same
author either (for as long as I can remember, which varies; and as you
have posted thrice...).

You also need to cross-post correctly; I have just found yet more copies
in another group.

--
John Stockton, Surrey, UK.    j...@merlyn.demon.co.uk    Turnpike v1.12    MIME.
  Web <URL: http://www.merlyn.demon.co.uk/> - FAQqish topics, acronyms & links.