Borland web-site problem??

Hey,

For the last several days, I've been unable to get into the Borland web
site.  The address is www.borland.com isn't it?

Has anyone else had difficulties with this lately?

Maybe it's just one of Borland's cost-savings measures? :)

--
Mark Mears
Aninoquisi

Re:Borland web-site problem??

Mark Mears <mme...@edge.net> wrote:
> For the last several days, I've been unable to get into the Borland web
> site.  The address is www.borland.com isn't it?

> Has anyone else had difficulties with this lately?

> Maybe it's just one of Borland's cost-savings measures? :)

We upgraded our server, got very poor performance, and "downgraded" back to
our previous server.  The site should be happy now... or at least, back to
it's previous state (overloaded but functional).

 _______________Anthony Boyd: anth...@wco.com_________________________
|                   Outshine: http://www.wco.com/~anthony/            |
|____________________Borland: http://www.borland.com/_________________|

Re:Borland web-site problem??

anth...@wco.com (Anthony Boyd) wrote:
>Mark Mears <mme...@edge.net> wrote:
>> For the last several days, I've been unable to get into the Borland web
>> site.  The address is www.borland.com isn't it?

>> Has anyone else had difficulties with this lately?
>We upgraded our server, got very poor performance, and "downgraded" back to
>our previous server.  The site should be happy now... or at least, back to
>it's previous state (overloaded but functional).

Just curious, what was "upgraded"?  The software or hardware.  And if
you can tell us, what were the names of the software/hardware that
gave you the problems?

Bill

Re:Borland web-site problem??

Bill Davis <bda...@accessusa.com> wrote:
> anth...@wco.com (Anthony Boyd) wrote:
> >Mark Mears <mme...@edge.net> wrote:
> >> For the last several days, I've been unable to get into the Borland web
> >> site.  The address is www.borland.com isn't it?

> >> Has anyone else had difficulties with this lately?
> >We upgraded our server, got very poor performance, and "downgraded" back to
> >our previous server.  The site should be happy now... or at least, back to
> >it's previous state (overloaded but functional).
> Just curious, what was "upgraded"?  The software or hardware.  And if
> you can tell us, what were the names of the software/hardware that
> gave you the problems?

Everything is a bottleneck at this point.  We want to go to a T3.  We want
new hardware (I'd really like multiple servers!).  And the software is
under constant evaluation.  I'd like to try Apache, but most of our stuff
is NS.  We have moved some parts of the site to sprynet to help with the
load -- I don't know much about their setup other than it works.  :)

--
Anthony Boyd

Re:Borland web-site problem??

In article <anthony-ya023280000611961937220...@news.wco.com>, anth...@wco.com says...

>We upgraded our server, got very poor performance, and "downgraded" back to
>our previous server.  The site should be happy now... or at least, back to
>it's previous state (overloaded but functional).

I have noticed however that the ftp server is still extremely slow. Even in off-time
access periods I was still only getting 0.3k/s, which is deadly when you're grabbing an
8 MB file <g>. I should point out that many sites mirror the files on ftp.borland.com,
including Brad Choate's excellent Delphi Exchange.

Mark

Re:Borland web-site problem??

ric...@vaxxine.com (Mark Rickan) wrote:
> anth...@wco.com (Anthony Boyd) says...

> >We upgraded our server, got very poor performance, and "downgraded" back to
> >our previous server.  The site should be happy now... or at least, back to
> >it's previous state (overloaded but functional).

> I have noticed however that the ftp server is still extremely slow.

Hmm.  Not my department -- I can't tell what's happening there.  But I'll
mention it to IS, see if the word gets passed along.

 ________________Anthony Boyd: anth...@outshine.com_____________________
|                    Outshine: http://www.outshine.com/                 |

Other Threads