Interbase - Table is busy error?

This sound like a paradox error, but I receive a "Unsucessfull metadate
update.  <Tablename> is Busy" error when I try to create Foriegn Keys on a
table just after creating the tables via TQuery.ExecSQL.  Does anyone have
any solutions about this problem?

Here is the command I am trying to Execute when I receive the error:
ALTER TABLE DBMAIL_GRPMEM ADD CONSTRAINT FK_GROUPLINK
  FOREIGN KEY (GROUPLINK) REFERENCES DBMAIL_GROUPS
  (GROUPLINK)
  ON DELETE NO ACTION
  ON UPDATE NO ACTION;

I have even dropped the connection to the database and re-connected and had
the application sleep ten seconds then executed the SQL with the same error.
And yes, I am the only user active.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
Tom
tom1...@home.com

Re:Interbase - Table is busy error?

maybe a commit after the creating helps ?

Heiko Luettge

> Here is the command I am trying to Execute when I receive the error:
> ALTER TABLE DBMAIL_GRPMEM ADD CONSTRAINT FK_GROUPLINK
>   FOREIGN KEY (GROUPLINK) REFERENCES DBMAIL_GROUPS
>   (GROUPLINK)
>   ON DELETE NO ACTION
>   ON UPDATE NO ACTION;

Other Threads