SQL Server 6.5 and Memo fields

I am having something that is strange is SQL Server 6.5.  I have a bde alias
assigned and I call up the SQL explorer.  I log into the database and then I
go to query a table that has a memo (sql server text field) as the last
field.  I type in Select * from CONTACT_HISTORY and the query returns no
records.  If I type the same query using ISQL/W on the server, I get all the
records.  Also, instead of running the query in SQL Explorer, I find the
table, and then click on the data tab, I see all the data.  I am using
Delphi 3.0 C/S with the service patches applied to SQL Server.  Any one know
what I am doing wrong?

-Joe