conditional shadow dumped for database database.gdb

Hi,

I've found the subject message on interbase.log. I have an active
conditional shadow .

What this message means ?

I'm using IB 6 running on Linux Conectiva 7.0.

Thanks in advance

Geraldo Lopes de Souza

Re:conditional shadow dumped for database database.gdb

> I've found the subject message on interbase.log. I have an active
> conditional shadow .

> What this message means ?

You have a conditional shadow running.  If your database or shadow goes
down your "conditional shadow" will let the server make a new shadow for
you automatically.

I'm not much of an expert on shadows, but if you need to read up on then
the "Operations Guide", starting on page 113, has some good info.  If
you don't have the docs, we have some beta ones on the web site:
http://www.borland.com/techpubs/interbase/

--
Thank you,
Aaron Ruddick