unkown command "override"

On Wed, 08 Mar 2000 00:18:44 +0000, Jens-Alexander Reinhardt

<fla...@uni-koblenz.de> wrote:
> like TMyGrid := class(TStringGrid)

Only use the override keyword in class type declarations, not in the
method implementation.
--
Rick Rogers (TeamB)
www.fenestra.com and www.componentfactory.com

Re:unkown command "override"

Hi,

I created a new component class (like TMyGrid := class(TStringGrid)).
Within that new class I tried to override the Create method like that

constructor TMyGrid.Create(AOwner: TComponent); override;

var
  oldCol, oldRow : longint;

with the effect that the compiler claims override to be an unknown
command. Okay, the compiler hint says that its either misspelled or a
semicolon is missing. But I doubt this since the source compiles fine
without the constructor (which proves that there aren't any semicolons
missing before that line and as the snip shows ther is no misspelling in
that line (providing that TMyGrid is spelled correctly which it is).

Are there any other possible reasons for that error message?

Thanks

Jens

Other Threads