Delphi5 + ODBC without BDE?

My application (Delphi5 + BDE + ODBC to MS Access DB) works fine.
What would it take (if at all possible), to remove BDE so
that I am using just Delphi5 + ODBC to access the DB?

Re:Delphi5 + ODBC without BDE?

Hi

You could take a look at ODBCExpress: http://www.odbcexpress.com/

Regards, Frederick C. Wilt

"_AND" <NewDS...@aol.com> wrote in message news:3b2b9d51$1_2@dnews...
> My application (Delphi5 + BDE + ODBC to MS Access DB) works fine.
> What would it take (if at all possible), to remove BDE so
> that I am using just Delphi5 + ODBC to access the DB?

Re:Delphi5 + ODBC without BDE?

I am also using that option, using ODBC to access MS ACCESS, from my point
of view, the ms access ODBC is a better choice than the BDE native MSACCESS
driver.
but you still need some bde files to work with your delphi application, but
just  several files. I can send you a list of the files to work with your
application connecting to ms access db through odbc. please let me know if
you need the list. it's just several files, not very big size

david

In article <3b2b9d51$1_2@dnews>, NewDS...@aol.com says...

> My application (Delphi5 + BDE + ODBC to MS Access DB) works fine.
> What would it take (if at all possible), to remove BDE so
> that I am using just Delphi5 + ODBC to access the DB?

Wouldn't it be simpler just to use the ADO components that come with D5?
With these, you can connect directly to an Access database using the MS
Jet engine.

I've also had good results with the Opus DirectAccess components, which
are now available as open source freeware from
http://www.opus.ch/DirectAccess  They're a little tricky to configure in
the IDE, because you can't use them at the same time as the regular BDE
components, but they also work well in accessing Access tables through
Jet.

Aaron.

Other Threads