BDE db on a read-only Device (CD-ROM)

Hi guys,

I need to deloy my application, which uses a BDE DB accessed by the BDE
engine in BCB5, on a cd-rom so the db files must be read-only.
I restricted all db access to read-only operations, and when the db files
are on my HD and are all read-only protected (read-only file attribute set)
everything works fine.
If i move the db files on a burnt cd-rom, when i open the db, it seems it
tries to create some temporary files in the db directory itself (on the
cd-rom).
Obviously it fails.
What's the workaround?
Are there some parameters in the db connection strings to tell the BDE
engine to create its session temporary files somewhere else (on the HD) ?

Hope you can help me,
Thanks in advance,

Vittorio Digilio
Sisdata srl

Re:BDE db on a read-only Device (CD-ROM)

See http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,16333,00.html .

--
Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:BDE db on a read-only Device (CD-ROM)

Bill Todd (TeamB) <[email protected]> wrote in message
[email protected]

> See http://community.borland.com/article/0,1410,16333,00.html .

> --
> Bill Todd (TeamB)
> (Questions received via email cannot be answered.)

Thanks, I will try it.

Regards,

Vittorio Digilio
Sisdata srl