Beginner: Queries from multiple databases

Hi there,

I'm new to Delphi and I have the following question:
Is it possible to create a query that returns results from more than one
database? The reason I need to know is that I have an application that
has to query its own data according to values from data from another
application. Now, I can read the data from the other app but I don't
know how to use the result in a query from my own app's database. Just
batch-moving is not an option since the tables from either application
are big and change over time.

I'd very much appreciate some help!

Robert van Geel

Re:Beginner: Queries from multiple databases

Look up heterogenous queries under Delphi Help.

Robert van Geel <r.van.g...@tip.nl> wrote in article
<35DBCF1F.1D68C...@tip.nl>...

> Hi there,

> I'm new to Delphi and I have the following question:
> Is it possible to create a query that returns results from more than one
> database? The reason I need to know is that I have an application that
> has to query its own data according to values from data from another
> application. Now, I can read the data from the other app but I don't
> know how to use the result in a query from my own app's database. Just
> batch-moving is not an option since the tables from either application
> are big and change over time.

> I'd very much appreciate some help!

> Robert van Geel

Re:Beginner: Queries from multiple databases

Robert,

See the answers in the thread 'Query from two tables'.

--
Stephen Brown
+44 (0)171 704 0702

Robert van Geel wrote in message <35DBCF1F.1D68C...@tip.nl>...
>Hi there,

>I'm new to Delphi and I have the following question:
>Is it possible to create a query that returns results from more than
one
>database?

Re:Beginner: Queries from multiple databases

Thanks, man. This really helped!

Michael L Glatz schreef:

> Look up heterogenous queries under Delphi Help.

> Robert van Geel <r.van.g...@tip.nl> wrote in article
> <35DBCF1F.1D68C...@tip.nl>...
> > Hi there,

> > I'm new to Delphi and I have the following question:
> > Is it possible to create a query that returns results from more than one
> > database? The reason I need to know is that I have an application that
> > has to query its own data according to values from data from another
> > application. Now, I can read the data from the other app but I don't
> > know how to use the result in a query from my own app's database. Just
> > batch-moving is not an option since the tables from either application
> > are big and change over time.

> > I'd very much appreciate some help!

> > Robert van Geel

Other Threads