MS SQL 6.5 ODBC/BDE - setting application name

Jim,
I am not using SQL Links but ODBC.
NT40SP3, SQL SP3, ODBC2.50 (02.65.0201), BDE4.0. It doesn't work.
In master..sysprocesses.program_name is nothing (NULL or blanks)

Have you already tried this?

>Use the TDatabase Component with the following text in the Params
property:

>SERVER NAME=MYSERVER
>USER NAME=sa
>PASSWORD=password
>DATABASE NAME=MYDATABASE
>APPLICATION NAME=MyApplication

>huh wrote in message <61dadq$8b...@ns.felk.cvut.cz>...
>>Hello,
>>Can anyone tell me, how can I set by my D3 application (BDE/ODBC)
>>the application name? (to give a chance built-in app_name() function to
>>work).
>>Or how can I call ODBC API side by side with VCL BDE calls?

Re:MS SQL 6.5 ODBC/BDE - setting application name

Use the TDatabase Component with the following text in the Params property:

SERVER NAME=MYSERVER
USER NAME=sa
PASSWORD=password
DATABASE NAME=MYDATABASE
APPLICATION NAME=MyApplication

huh wrote in message <61dadq$8b...@ns.felk.cvut.cz>...
>Hello,
>Can anyone tell me, how can I set by my D3 application (BDE/ODBC)
>the application name? (to give a chance built-in app_name() function to
>work).
>Or how can I call ODBC API side by side with VCL BDE calls?

>TIA

Re:MS SQL 6.5 ODBC/BDE - setting application name

Hi again,

Is there any way to direct the BDE API to pass
my own  ODBC connection string to ODBC API
SQLDriverConnect?
(e.g.: 'ODBC;DSN=MyDSN;UID=me;PWD=***;DATABASE=mssqldb;APP=MyDelphi3App')

Or is there any way to call the ODBC API
SQLDriverConnect and then pass the hdbc
handle to BDE to make the BDE handle from ODBC handle?

On Tue, 7 Oct 1997 14:37:57 +0200, "huh" <ban...@bsc.anet.cz> wrote:
>Hello,
>Can anyone tell me, how can I set by my D3 application (BDE/ODBC)
>the application name? (to give a chance built-in app_name() function to
>work).

Put a TDataBase on your Datamodule. Goto the property browser.  Select
Params property.  Click the '...' and put this on one of the lines
APPLICATION NAME = MYAPP

Iman L. Crawford
g...@arn.net

'Cthulu for president in '98'
'Why choose the lesser evil?'

Re:MS SQL 6.5 ODBC/BDE - setting application name

Iman,
Have you tried it? I am using ODBC not native SQL Links.
Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the setting params
doesn't seem to work.

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997 09:02:32 +0200, "huh" <ban...@bsc.cz> wrote:
>Iman,
>Have you tried it? I am using ODBC not native SQL Links.
>Maybe I am doing something wrong, but the setting params
>doesn't seem to work.

Just tried it.  Connected one of my apps, went to MS Enterprise
Manager, viewed activity, and my connection had the application name
out to the right of it.  I'm using native links and not ODBC.

Iman L. Crawford
g...@arn.net

'Cthulu for president in '98'
'Why choose the lesser evil?'