BGI Stroked Font

Hi,

I need a database for a vector font like Borland's CHR-Fonts to implement a
scalable font into my bitmap. E.g. a database with the individual
coordinates of polygons for each character. Or also helpful the
documentation how to get these information from the CHR-files.
I've found only a description of a BGI-driver. But this provides nothing but
rudimentary functions like drawing a single line without outtext, which
resides into the graph.tpu and calls the drawline-function from the
bgi-driver to display the vector font.

Many thanks in advance

Oliver

Re:BGI Stroked Font

In article <9udpnk$7ru4...@ID-89551.news.dfncis.de>, Oliver Puetz wrote:
> Hi,

> I need a database for a vector font like Borland's CHR-Fonts to implement a
> scalable font into my bitmap. E.g. a database with the individual
> coordinates of polygons for each character. Or also helpful the
> documentation how to get these information from the CHR-files.
> I've found only a description of a BGI-driver. But this provides nothing but
> rudimentary functions like drawing a single line without outtext, which
> resides into the graph.tpu and calls the drawline-function from the
> bgi-driver to display the vector font.

The source of the Graph unit of Free Pascal contain .chr decoding routines.

Re:BGI Stroked Font

Marco van de Voort wrote:

> In article <9udpnk$7ru4...@ID-89551.news.dfncis.de>, Oliver Puetz wrote:

>>Hi,

>>I need a database for a vector font like Borland's CHR-Fonts to implement a
>>scalable font into my bitmap. E.g. a database with the individual
>>coordinates of polygons for each character. Or also helpful the
>>documentation how to get these information from the CHR-files.
>>I've found only a description of a BGI-driver. But this provides nothing but
>>rudimentary functions like drawing a single line without outtext, which
>>resides into the graph.tpu and calls the drawline-function from the
>>bgi-driver to display the vector font.

> The source of the Graph unit of Free Pascal contain .chr decoding routines.

In very old PC magazines there is info and source too, even for rotating
them or some special effects...

Greetings

Markus

Re:BGI Stroked Font

In article <3C0EA5CD.4040...@freenet.de>, Markus.Humm wrote:
> Marco van de Voort wrote:

>> In article <9udpnk$7ru4...@ID-89551.news.dfncis.de>, Oliver Puetz wrote:

>>>Hi,

>>>I need a database for a vector font like Borland's CHR-Fonts to implement a
>>>scalable font into my bitmap. E.g. a database with the individual
>>>coordinates of polygons for each character. Or also helpful the
>>>documentation how to get these information from the CHR-files.
>>>I've found only a description of a BGI-driver. But this provides nothing but
>>>rudimentary functions like drawing a single line without outtext, which
>>>resides into the graph.tpu and calls the drawline-function from the
>>>bgi-driver to display the vector font.

>> The source of the Graph unit of Free Pascal contain .chr decoding routines.

> In very old PC magazines there is info and source too, even for rotating
> them or some special effects...

I still have source (for FPC) somewhere too, that simply loads the CHR,
and can display and scale the fonts.

Other Threads