Board index » delphi » LPT comunications..

LPT comunications..

Hi all  :)

PLEASE HELP ... I want to Read from the LPT1 port.  This is for a small program
I want to create to comunicate between 2 PC's via their LPT ports  

Thanks in advance,

Tim    PS.  Please email & post responces ;o)

 

Re:LPT comunications..


Quote
LukeJediKt wrote:

> PLEASE HELP ... I want to Read from the LPT1 port.  This is for a small program
> I want to create to comunicate between 2 PC's via their LPT ports

This is more complicated than it might look at the first glance.
Older LPT ports cannot read data in in the 8 data pins, only the
Ack and some error bits can be used for receiption.

The newer port hardware has been "standardized" to death as usual
in this silly PC world.

You find some hints in the "serial" chapter (yes, sorry...) of the
TP-links:
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp.html

Franz Glaser

Re:LPT comunications..


On Sun, 15 Nov 1998 20:53:19 +0100, "Ing. Franz Glaser"

Quote
<meg-gla...@eunet.at> wrote:
>LukeJediKt wrote:

>> PLEASE HELP ... I want to Read from the LPT1 port.  This is for a small program
>> I want to create to comunicate between 2 PC's via their LPT ports

>This is more complicated than it might look at the first glance.
>Older LPT ports cannot read data in in the 8 data pins, only the
>Ack and some error bits can be used for receiption.

>The newer port hardware has been "standardized" to death as usual
>in this silly PC world.

>You find some hints in the "serial" chapter (yes, sorry...) of the
>TP-links:
>http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/2926/tp.html

>Franz Glaser

Also, you might want to look at Jan Axelson's excellent
resource pages at www.lvr.com/ .  She has lots of info
on both serial and parallel ports as well as many links to
additonal info.

  michael

Re:LPT comunications..


Quote
LukeJediKt wrote:
> Hi all  :)

> PLEASE HELP ... I want to Read from the LPT1 port.  This is for a small program
> I want to create to comunicate between 2 PC's via their LPT ports

> Thanks in advance,

> Tim    PS.  Please email & post responces ;o)

There are a lot of units outsidesearch for "zero modem pascal"
I add the source later if I dont forget.

M.Z.

Other Threads