Active-X BORLAND STAFF HELP!

Use the borland newsgroups for a better chance o help from them now!

Jeremy

Wraith <wra...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in article
<5lecat$i8...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>...

> I have mentioned in the subject of this mail for Borland staff to help,
> howerver help from anyone would be nice :)

> I started playing with active-x and found that it was so easy, and so
good
> to do with d3, that I decided to use it quite a lot in a site I am
> currently developing.  The controls work extremely well, however...

> When users access the site, MSIE tells them the controls are dangerous.
> Obviously I need an Authenticode certificate.  FYI i checked out
> www.verisign.com the apparently only company that makes these
certificates,
> only to find that it will cost me $400 PER YEAR to have one of these
> certificates.  This is not good- does anyone know of another way to get a
> certificate?  preferable very low cost as I dont charge for my programs
and
> therefore I am unable to afford the immense cost.  BTW- I am not a US
> citizen so I cant get the cheap single user certificate.

> For any help, in advance i thank you :)
> --
> -
> wra...@ihug.co.nz
> jfra...@cripton.com
> http://www.cripton.com

Re:Active-X BORLAND STAFF HELP!

VeriSign is the only way I know of to get a certificate.  I seem to recall
that $400 is the corporate price and there is some sort of "personal
certificate" you can get for less money.
--
     - Steve Teixeira
       steixe...@corp.borland.com

Wraith <wra...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in article
<5lecat$i8...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>...

> I have mentioned in the subject of this mail for Borland staff to help,
> howerver help from anyone would be nice :)

> I started playing with active-x and found that it was so easy, and so
good
> to do with d3, that I decided to use it quite a lot in a site I am
> currently developing.  The controls work extremely well, however...

> When users access the site, MSIE tells them the controls are dangerous.
> Obviously I need an Authenticode certificate.  FYI i checked out
> www.verisign.com the apparently only company that makes these
certificates,
> only to find that it will cost me $400 PER YEAR to have one of these
> certificates.  This is not good- does anyone know of another way to get a
> certificate?  preferable very low cost as I dont charge for my programs
and
> therefore I am unable to afford the immense cost.  BTW- I am not a US
> citizen so I cant get the cheap single user certificate.

> For any help, in advance i thank you :)
> --
> -
> wra...@ihug.co.nz
> jfra...@cripton.com
> http://www.cripton.com

Re:Active-X BORLAND STAFF HELP!

I have mentioned in the subject of this mail for Borland staff to help,
howerver help from anyone would be nice :)

I started playing with active-x and found that it was so easy, and so good
to do with d3, that I decided to use it quite a lot in a site I am
currently developing.  The controls work extremely well, however...

When users access the site, MSIE tells them the controls are dangerous.
Obviously I need an Authenticode certificate.  FYI i checked out
www.verisign.com the apparently only company that makes these certificates,
only to find that it will cost me $400 PER YEAR to have one of these
certificates.  This is not good- does anyone know of another way to get a
certificate?  preferable very low cost as I dont charge for my programs and
therefore I am unable to afford the immense cost.  BTW- I am not a US
citizen so I cant get the cheap single user certificate.

For any help, in advance i thank you :)
--
-
wra...@ihug.co.nz
jfra...@cripton.com
http://www.cripton.com

Re:Active-X BORLAND STAFF HELP!

Hey, who needs ActiveX, who needs Java?  Let's just download
PAS files and have the users compile the damn things into the
Borland Browser (written in Delphi, of course).  Talk about
your security!  Look at the code (carefully) before you use it!

Sorry, too much coffee again... ;-)

Wraith <wra...@ihug.co.nz> wrote in article
<5lecat$i8...@newsource.ihug.co.nz>...

> I have mentioned in the subject of this mail for Borland
staff to help,
> howerver help from anyone would be nice :)

> I started playing with active-x and found that it was so
easy, and so good
> to do with d3, that I decided to use it quite a lot in a site
I am
> currently developing.  The controls work extremely well,
however...

> When users access the site, MSIE tells them the controls are

dangerous.
[snip]

Re:Active-X BORLAND STAFF HELP!

dortmund, stardate 9336.73,

 ST> VeriSign is the only way I know of to get a certificate.  I seem to
 ST> recall that $400 is the corporate price and there is some sort of
 ST> "personal certificate" you can get for less money.

 ST>      - Steve Teixeira
 ST>        steixe...@corp.borland.com

right, but for us citizens only. and i'm afraid i'm not (yet) one of
those. same goes probably for more than 50% of the purchasers of D3...

cu
marc

-+- Let Joy and Innocence Prevail
## CrossPoint v3.11 ##