Unable to Load Delphi - Error $2108

I haven't used Delphi for awhile, and I just tried it and got the
following error message:

Application Error
Exception EDatabase Error in
Module COMPLIB.DCL at 000A:1246
An Error Occcured While Attemping To Initialize
The Borland Database Engine ($2108)

Any clues as to what I need to do?

I am using Delphi 1.something running in Win95.

--
Chuck Baggett
email: unfor...@misnet.com

Re:Unable to Load Delphi - Error $2108

Chuck Baggett wrote:

> I haven't used Delphi for awhile, and I just tried it and got the
> following error message:
[snip]
> The Borland Database Engine ($2108)
[snip]
> Any clues as to what I need to do?

  The BDE...      :)

  If I remember right, $2108 is cannot find, or cannot load the
IDAPIxx.DLL.   I assume this is on a target machine?  The BDE probably
didn't either get installed, or needs to be re-installed...

--
Jason
Dark...@SLSoftware.reno.nv.us

Jason Wallace wrote:

> Chuck Baggett wrote:

> > I haven't used Delphi for awhile, and I just tried it and got the
> > following error message:
> [snip]
> > The Borland Database Engine ($2108)
> [snip]
> > Any clues as to what I need to do?

make sure /delphi/bin (or wherever you installed delphi) and
/iblocal/bin are in your path.  if they are, make sure your
path is less than 128 chars long.  $2108 visited me after I
had changed my startup files and my path changed.

Other Threads