Delphi 2.0 student price?

anola...@solix.fiu.edu (alexander m nolasco) wrote:

> Ok so not all of us are professional developers, yet we are taking all
>those math and logic courses to become one or at least to realize that
>p-code sucks.. So, Borland
>       HOW MUCH DOES DELPHI 2.0 COST FOR US, THE STUDENTS???
>                               Thanks
>A Computer Science student here at Florida..

I'm not sure if I have 2.0, but I got my student copy for 90
something.
clift...@premier.net

Re:Delphi 2.0 student price?

clift...@premier.net (Cliff Williams or Davis Cole) wrote:

>anola...@solix.fiu.edu (alexander m nolasco) wrote:
>> Ok so not all of us are professional developers, yet we are taking all
>>those math and logic courses to become one or at least to realize that
>>p-code sucks.. So, Borland
>>       HOW MUCH DOES DELPHI 2.0 COST FOR US, THE STUDENTS???
>>                               Thanks
>>A Computer Science student here at Florida..
>I'm not sure if I have 2.0, but I got my student copy for 90
>something.
>clift...@premier.net

It's 1.0.  2.0 Is not shipping yet.
--
Tim Shea
CSI

Re:Delphi 2.0 student price?

On Wed, 24 Jan 1996, Tim Shea wrote:
> clift...@premier.net (Cliff Williams or Davis Cole) wrote:

> >anola...@solix.fiu.edu (alexander m nolasco) wrote:

> >> Ok so not all of us are professional developers, yet we are taking all
> >>those math and logic courses to become one or at least to realize that
> >>p-code sucks.. So, Borland
> >>       HOW MUCH DOES DELPHI 2.0 COST FOR US, THE STUDENTS???
> >>                               Thanks
> >>A Computer Science student here at Florida..
> >I'm not sure if I have 2.0, but I got my student copy for 90
> >something.
> >clift...@premier.net
> It's 1.0.  2.0 Is not shipping yet.
> --
> Tim Shea
> CSI
> c...@citysoft.com

        As a student who happen's to already own Delphi 1.0 I'm wondering
if there's a special upgrade price?  I was thinking of getting the 1.02
upgrade, but there's not much point in that, since it's included in 2.0
        WELL Borland any comment?

Re:Delphi 2.0 student price?

anola...@solix.fiu.edu (alexander m nolasco) writes:

> Ok so not all of us are professional developers, yet we are taking all
>those math and logic courses to become one or at least to realize that
>p-code sucks.. So, Borland
>       HOW MUCH DOES DELPHI 2.0 COST FOR US, THE STUDENTS???
>                               Thanks

Good question...  And what about us even poorer students in Australia?

>A Computer Science student here at Florida..
>Another CS student, this time at ECU in Western Australia....

John Breen                             jbr...@echidna.cowan.edu.au
Somewhere in Mandurah :)

Re:Delphi 2.0 student price?

On Thu, 25 Jan 1996 09:29:59 -0700 (MST), Max Kor

<m...@stu.athabascau.ca> wrote:
>    As a student who happen's to already own Delphi 1.0 I'm wondering
>if there's a special upgrade price?  I was thinking of getting the 1.02
>upgrade, but there's not much point in that, since it's included in 2.0
>    WELL Borland any comment?

I haven't seen anything on this, but with previous products if you
bought at educational prices you weren't eligible for upgrade pricing.
If you're still a student, you can probably do better than the upgrade
price anyways.

One consideration is that Borland has started saying that an upgrade
is a continuation of the license you had for the first copy.  That
means that you can't legally sell the old one.  However, if you buy a
new license, then it should be fine to sell off your old copy to
someone, and get a bit of a break on the pricing of the new one.

Duncan Murdoch

Re:Delphi 2.0 student price?

jbr...@echidna.cowan.edu.au (John Breen) wrote:
>Good question...  And what about us even poorer students in Australia?

Well, the poorest students come from California, like me! :)  How
about keeping it under $100 bucks Borland?????

Re:Delphi 2.0 student price?

        Hi, I just thought I would post this here under a student related
posting.

On 2 Feb 1996, Benson A. Trinh wrote:

> jbr...@echidna.cowan.edu.au (John Breen) wrote:

> >Good question...  And what about us even poorer students in Australia?

> Well, the poorest students come from California, like me! :)  How
> about keeping it under $100 bucks Borland?????

        In Canada we can get Delphi 1.0 for around $100.00 plus tax and
an upgrade to 2.0 for another $181.00 PT.  But as I mentioned in another
post, these scholar version's, (which are clearly marked on the sticker
with the serial number, which should be on the cardboard box inside your
Delphi box), do not allow for distribution of executables.  However, this
is based on a verbal communication with a Borland rep.  My license does
not mention anything about scholar version's, but who know's what they
snuck into those *.exe's :)  If I have to fork out an extra cash for the
release of my software, to upgrade to a "normal" version, I think it
worth the cost, (I think it''s the difference between the scholar and
"normal"  version cost).

MKT    (MAX KOR Technologies.)

Re:Delphi 2.0 student price?

As I understand the licenses for student price products, redistribution
of executables is okay as long as there is no charge.

Typically, these are the actual products that are simply at a different
price.  There are exceptions to this though.

On Mon, 5 Feb 1996, Max Kor wrote:

>    Hi, I just thought I would post this here under a student related
> posting.

> On 2 Feb 1996, Benson A. Trinh wrote:

> > jbr...@echidna.cowan.edu.au (John Breen) wrote:

> > >Good question...  And what about us even poorer students in Australia?

> > Well, the poorest students come from California, like me! :)  How
> > about keeping it under $100 bucks Borland?????

>    In Canada we can get Delphi 1.0 for around $100.00 plus tax and
> an upgrade to 2.0 for another $181.00 PT.  But as I mentioned in another
> post, these scholar version's, (which are clearly marked on the sticker
> with the serial number, which should be on the cardboard box inside your
> Delphi box), do not allow for distribution of executables.  However, this
> is based on a verbal communication with a Borland rep.  My license does
> not mention anything about scholar version's, but who know's what they
> snuck into those *.exe's :)  If I have to fork out an extra cash for the
> release of my software, to upgrade to a "normal" version, I think it
> worth the cost, (I think it''s the difference between the scholar and
> "normal"  version cost).

> MKT    (MAX KOR Technologies.)

Other Threads