ole automation with word 7

hi

i'm tryin to realise an ole automation with d3 and word 7 and word 6 and

i really need some help
cause i'm new to this ole stuff.

i try something like this

 word := CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
 word.anwaktivieren('Microsoft Word');
//as u can see i'm working with a german version of word

the last command raises an exception if word is not active! this is my
first problem - more to come..

i want my program to start word and show it (method visible does not
exist?!) and then do all the stuff.

I read some articles in this newsgroup and read something about the word

type libraries??? i searched my whole HD but found only olb files for
excel?? anybody can tell me the filename for the word type library??

For testing i wrote an application that uses the excel type library, but

when i try to compile i get an error in the project source at line
"Application.initialize" with msg "Class or Object required"

Would be great if somebody could help me out with this stuff... Its
quite interesting but noone around can explain it...

Tia

Rof

Re:ole automation with word 7

Guck mal in eine der letzten Delphi Corners (c't, Anfang 98). Da hab ich das
ziemlich ausfhrlich beschrieben.

(Sorry, english speaking folks -- that's a German computer magazine.)

--

-----------------------------------
Hope [this] helps.

>hi

>i'm tryin to realise an ole automation with d3 and word 7 and word 6 and

>i really need some help
>cause i'm new to this ole stuff.

>i try something like this

> word := CreateOleObject('Word.Basic');
> word.anwaktivieren('Microsoft Word');
>//as u can see i'm working with a german version of word

>the last command raises an exception if word is not active! this is my
>first problem - more to come..

>i want my program to start word and show it (method visible does not
>exist?!) and then do all the stuff.

>I read some articles in this newsgroup and read something about the word

>type libraries??? i searched my whole HD but found only olb files for
>excel?? anybody can tell me the filename for the word type library??

>For testing i wrote an application that uses the excel type library, but

>when i try to compile i get an error in the project source at line
>"Application.initialize" with msg "Class or Object required"

>Would be great if somebody could help me out with this stuff... Its
>quite interesting but noone around can explain it...

>Tia

>Rof

Other Threads