TQuery adds extra carriage return and line feed

I have a TStringList that I add to a TQuery.SQL as follows:
Query1.SQL.Add('UPDATE TABLE1 SET NOTES = '+#39+StringList1.Text+#39+' WHERE
AVALUE = 7695))

When I post this with TQuery.ExecSQL to Oracle, an extra carriage return and
line feed is appended between each line of my TStringList.  If I checkout my
SQL statement before ExecSQL with ShowMessage(Query1.SQL.Text) there is no
extra carriage return or line feed appended.  If I take the exact statement
of the TQuery by saving it to a file with TQuery.SQL.SaveToFile() and
execute the query in Oracle's SQL WorkSheet then no extra cariage return or
line feed is appended.  The appending only happens when I do TQuery.ExecSQL.

If there is no TQuery setting or BDE setting that I have missed, then is
this a bug in TQuery or the BDE.

I am using Delphi4 with Windows98

Thanks for any tips in advance, if you reply via email be sure to remove my
no spam junk from my email address.

Thanks,
Lewis Howell
N.O.lewishow...@yahoo.com.S.P.A.M
Lou's Delphi Tip of the Day
http://members.truepath.com/delphi

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting
life."