Oracle 8 and SQL Explorer Table View Showing System Tables

    I've got Oracle 8 working with Delphi 3.0 C/S, I also have the proper
user id and password set, however when I go to the SQL Explorer Tree and
Open the Alias it shows me all the tables in the Database including SYSTEM
and CTXSYS.

How do I stop SQL Explorer from showing these tables and only show the ones
that I design in the Schema?

Tia,

Dave Bhatia

Re:Oracle 8 and SQL Explorer Table View Showing System Tables

Dave Bhatia wrote:

>     I've got Oracle 8 working with Delphi 3.0 C/S, I also have the proper
> user id and password set, however when I go to the SQL Explorer Tree and
> Open the Alias it shows me all the tables in the Database including SYSTEM
> and CTXSYS.

> How do I stop SQL Explorer from showing these tables and only show the ones
> that I design in the Schema?

> Tia,

> Dave Bhatia

Hello,
  Make sure you have the menu item View | System Data unchecked.

 Scott
--
BDE Support:
 http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde

Re:Oracle 8 and SQL Explorer Table View Showing System Tables

Scott,

I tried your recommendation however it did not work. Could it be an Oracle
issue? Do you know if I have to set/remove a certain role from the User
Access on the Oracle side?

tia,

Dave

Dave Bhatia wrote:

> Scott,

> I tried your recommendation however it did not work. Could it be an Oracle
> issue? Do you know if I have to set/remove a certain role from the User
> Access on the Oracle side?

> tia,

> Dave

> Scott Frolich [Borland] wrote in message <35070310.5...@corp.borland.com>...
> >Dave Bhatia wrote:

> >>     I've got Oracle 8 working with Delphi 3.0 C/S, I also have the proper
> >> user id and password set, however when I go to the SQL Explorer Tree and
> >> Open the Alias it shows me all the tables in the Database including
> SYSTEM
> >> and CTXSYS.

> >> How do I stop SQL Explorer from showing these tables and only show the
> ones
> >> that I design in the Schema?

> >> Tia,

> >> Dave Bhatia
> >Hello,
> >  Make sure you have the menu item View | System Data unchecked.

> > Scott
> >--
> >BDE Support:
> > http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde
> >Delphi Support:
> > http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi
> >Common Delphi and BDE Questions and Answers:
> > http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/delphi3qa.html

Hello,
  I'm not sure.  The sql that the database explorer uses in DBX.DBI file
(really a DLL with a stringtable). It probably does not have the correct
query for distinguishing between system and user tables.  remember, the
BDE, and Database Explorer, are not up to date with Oracle 8 yet.

  Scott
--
BDE Support:
 http://www.borland.com/devsupport/bde
Delphi Support:
 http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi
Common Delphi and BDE Questions and Answers:
 http://www.borland.com/devsupport/delphi/qanda/delphi3qa.html

Other Threads