Accessing generated SQL in de{*word*81}

I am trying to view in the de{*word*81} the sql which is generated when
doing a table.post..  Can anyone help?

Thanks

Re:Accessing generated SQL in de{*word*81}

Yo Fiona:

Use the SQL Monitor ( Delphi C/S only )..
Or in ODBC manager set trace on..

Rob

Re:Accessing generated SQL in de{*word*81}

If you are using SQL Server, you can use the SQL Trace utility that comes
with that product to view any SQL Statements going to the server. I
dont -think- you can easily view the SQL that Delphi is generating within
the Delphi de{*word*81} (unless anyone knows better...)

Cheers

Phil Arundell
phil.arund...@pjcs.demon.co.uk

Fiona Jurysta wrote in message <3461274E.4CC7E...@flash.net>...
>I am trying to view in the de{*word*81} the sql which is generated when
>doing a table.post..  Can anyone help?

>Thanks

Re:Accessing generated SQL in de{*word*81}

Fiona

> I am trying to view in the de{*word*81} the sql which is generated when
> doing a table.post..  Can anyone help?

The closest I've gotten to this is using the tQuery.SQL.SaveToFile method
and view that file with notepad.

Mike

In article <01bcec5a$97fa3420$0a41cfa9@g2897130>, "Michael S. Downey" <mdow...@nospam.execpc.com> wrote:

>Fiona

>> I am trying to view in the de{*word*81} the sql which is generated when
>> doing a table.post..  Can anyone help?

>The closest I've gotten to this is using the tQuery.SQL.SaveToFile method
>and view that file with notepad.

You can use the SQL Monitor to view SQL which is sent to the server,
unfortunately the SQL monitor is only available in Delphi C/S.  If your using
Delphi Pro, you can get a unit from my web site which turns the GExperts Debug
window into an SQL Monitor like tool.

Gerald

Gerald Nunn, Toronto, Canada
GExperts, 15 free add-in experts for Delphi
http://www.amano-blick.com/~gnunn/GExperts.htm