probably BDE bug: long field names: SQL Server + ODBC + BDE

Hi,

I have a strange problem which occurs when I create long field names in SQL
Server 7/2000 tables. The database connection becomes totally confused and
even Borland SQL Explorer can not display data correctly. Everything is fine
while viewing data through Query Analyzer.
I suspect either ODBC or BDE can't handle field names which are longer than
20 charactes or so.
As I observed creating field with a long name in any table of an sql server
database would prevent sql explorer from properly displaying data in the
whole database.
I wonder did anybody encounter this problem and are there any settings to
correct this?

Thank you

Vadim