TIBInstall 'OS error'

I'm trying to use a little utility program to install IB (Open Edition)
from a TIBInstall on Windows XP. At some point after copying IBConsole
(the messages go by too fast), it throws an exception with the message
"OS error has occurred"; the last status message says "Running external
update program...". I've poked around on FullTextSearch, DejaNews, and
ibinstall.defined.net but the stuff I found doesn't address this issue
directly. Any ideas on what I'm missing?

Thanks!
Michael

Re:TIBInstall 'OS error'

Try adding Application.ProcessMessages to the OnStatusChange event.  ComCtrl32
updates will sometimes cause problems.

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build

Re:TIBInstall 'OS error'

Jeff,

I do have the ProcessMessages in the OnStatusChange event; here's the code:

function TMyInstall.MainInstallStatusChange(Sender: TObject;
  StatusComment: String): TStatusResult;
begin
  Result := srContinue;
  ProgressLabel.Caption := StatusComment
  InstallProgress.Position := MainInstall.Progress;
  Application.ProcessMessages;
end;

Michael

Other Threads