Local database file and Server database file?

Hi all.

I'm using Delphi 5 Enterprise and MS Access 97 ( using BDE ).

The database file is on a Windows NT server. The EXE application
file is on each client computer.
On this network, there are 2 notebooks. These 2 notebooks can
work on the network or "alone".

I would like that if the database file on the server does not
exists - ie, the notebook is working "alone" - to use a local
database file.
This local database file would be copied, from the server to the
notebook, when exiting the application, so the database file
would be the most recent one. This sould only happen when the
notebook is connected to the server ( "using" the network ).
This local database file would be stored on the same folder as
the application is.

Any ideas/suggestions how can I do this would be very
appreciated.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Best regards,
     Joaquim.

Re:Local database file and Server database file?

What you are describing is the briefcase model that is supported by
DataSnap.

The briefcase model is described at:
http://www.borland.com/midas/papers/technical/midtech2.html

You might also want to take a look at