D4-Reading Local Directory tables?

I am using Delphi 4 Standard Edition.

Currently I am developing an application EXE on
my development PC. Then copy the compiled EXE application
and test tables
to another test PC's directory C:\<any directory?\

Is there any way for me to setup the test PC application
to look at tables within the local program directory so I don't
get the DBEngine error 2109.  I setup tables using Database Desktop
with no associated Database or Alias. Just created the tables
in the development PC work directory where the compile EXE sits.

Is there any way to set the project to tell the BDE to look in the local
directory where the compiled EXE will reside.
Is there some other files that are required to be the placed in the TEST
PC directory?
Can this be possible with Dephi4 Standard Edition or do I need
Professional version .....

Any one's help is appreciated.

Thanks
Peter Kaarama

Re:D4-Reading Local Directory tables?

Assuming a table named mytable.db

mypath := extractfilepath(application.exename);
table1.tablename := mypath + 'mytable.db' ;

--
Mike Best Programming
Brisbane

"PK" <pkaar...@smarttnet.com> wrote in message

> I am using Delphi 4 Standard Edition.

> Currently I am developing an application EXE on
> my development PC. Then copy the compiled EXE application
> and test tables
> to another test PC's directory C:\<any directory?\

> Is there any way for me to setup the test PC application
> to look at tables within the local program directory so I don't
> get the DBEngine error 2109.  I setup tables using Database Desktop
> with no associated Database or Alias. Just created the tables
> in the development PC work directory where the compile EXE sits.

> Is there any way to set the project to tell the BDE to look in the local
> directory where the compiled EXE will reside.
> Is there some other files that are required to be the placed in the TEST
> PC directory?
> Can this be possible with Dephi4 Standard Edition or do I need
> Professional version .....

> Any one's help is appreciated.

> Thanks
> Peter Kaarama