Could Not Find Record error

One more easy question:

I'm getting a "Could Not Find Record..." error (8710 / $2206) when my SQL
query is set to .Active := True.

Normally, if the where clause of the SQL returns a 0 sized result, that's
what I get, not an error message.

In fact, the message only occurs when I do a simple and specific query.
Apparently the user of my app did not notice any system crash before this
error starting occuring.

Are there any reasons why this message would come up (corrupt table or
something?) instead of the way queries usually work which is to simply
return an empty set, error free>

D3, BDE 4.51 Paradox tables.

Thanks in advance,
Kelly

Re:Could Not Find Record error

A corrupt table is a possibility. What is the SQL statement that produces
the error?

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)

Re:Could Not Find Record error

The SQL is really simple:

select E.* from CV E
where
E.OwnerKey = "12345" and
E.PlantKey = "56789"
order by
E.DateTested DESC

This causes the:
"Could Not Find Record..." error (8710 / $2206) when my SQL query is set to
.Active := True.

If the exact same SQL is used with a different E.PlantKey (even one that
still produces an empty result) I do not get the error, just an empty query.

I'm returning a read-only query.

As well, other reads and writes work fine in the same database (obviously
not using the Owner & plant that causes the error).

Should I be concerned about the integrity of the database?

Thanks!

Bill Todd (TeamB) wrote in message <860d9l$dn...@bornews.borland.com>...
>A corrupt table is a possibility. What is the SQL statement that produces
>the error?

>--
>Bill

>Bill Todd (TeamB)
>(TeamB cannot respond to questions received via email)

Re:Could Not Find Record error

Sorry but I have no idea what would cause that error other than a corrupt
table or index.

--
Bill

Bill Todd (TeamB)