New Agregate Function - D4

The new aggregates feature in Delphi 4?

Is it available in the professional version, or just the
C/S Version.

If so.... why doesn't it work?
If not... why is it their?

Anyone help please...

thanks.

Adam

Re:New Agregate Function - D4

>The new aggregates feature in Delphi 4?
>Is it available in the professional version, or just the
>C/S Version.
>If so.... why doesn't it work?
>If not... why is it their?

Currently the Aggriagate fields only work with TClientDataSet components.  This
is a component that only comes with the Client server version.   The aggrigates
will only work with in memory tables so there probably will be some third party
develpers that make use of this feature in thier inmemory tdataset components.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Re:New Agregate Function - D4

Brian Bushay TeamB wrote:
> Currently the Aggriagate fields only work with TClientDataSet components.  This
> is a component that only comes with the Client server version.   The aggrigates
> will only work with in memory tables so there probably will be some third party
> develpers that make use of this feature in thier inmemory tdataset components.

Thanks for your reply Brian, but then why can we create an aggriagate
field in
the Professional version? (Create yes.... have it display.... no)

ie. By going to the TFields - Create New, choose a type of Aggriagate
and fill in
the rest. It allows you to create and put in the expression.

Furthermore - I don't know if this means anything or not, but we were
told in
Melbourne when we had the D4 conference here that this feature would be
available
in the professional version as well as the C/S.

Re:New Agregate Function - D4

>Thanks for your reply Brian, but then why can we create an aggriagate
>field in
>the Professional version? (Create yes.... have it display.... no)
>ie. By going to the TFields - Create New, choose a type of Aggriagate
>and fill in
>the rest. It allows you to create and put in the expression.

I can only tell you the same thing I did in the last message.  The only dataset
that supports this new aggregate field type is TclientDataset.  And the
TclientDataSet is only available in the Clientserver version.
I do not understand why you think Borland should not have the aggregate  field
type show up in the Pro version.  There may be 3rd party datasets that will make
use of it.

>Furthermore - I don't know if this means anything or not, but we were
>told in
>Melbourne when we had the D4 conference here that this feature would be
>available
>in the professional version as well as the C/S.

As you have pointed out the aggregate fields are available they just do not work
with the datasets available in the Pro version.

--
Brian Bushay (TeamB)
Bbus...@DataGuidance.com

Other Threads