de{*word*81} error

You posts were canceled due to the attachments.  Please do not post attachments
to the Borland newsgroups (rules can be found at www.borland.com).  Also this
group is for install issues only.  Oracle related questions should be asked in
the borland.public.delphi.database.sqlservers group.

This is probably the known problem with Oracle Trace services under NT
and Delphi.  From the TI on Inprises site
http://www.inprise.com/devsupport/bde/qanda/641.html.

Question:
"External Exception C0000008" or "Access Violation" error with 2.3.3 SQL
NET client: I get an Access Violation with Delphi 3 and an External
Exception error with Delphi 2 when connecting to an Oracle server when
in Delphi's IDE or Turbo De{*word*81} with NT4. If I run the application
alone, it executes correctly. How do I get around the problem?

Answer:
Borland has determined that this is a problem with SQL NET 2.3.3. Oracle
also recognizes this as a SQL NET problem. There are a couple of
workarounds:

1 Rename or remove the registry entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\ORACLE\OTRACE73
    NOTE: This is the solution that Oracle support recommends!
2 Start Oracle's Installer and remove the "Oracle Trace collection
Serveces 7.3.3.x.x"
3 Turn off Integrated Debugging in Delphi's IDE
4 Use an Oracle SQL NET that is older than 2.3.3

--
Jeff Overcash (TeamB)
If there is somebody up there could they throw me down a line.  Just a