Connect Delphi v2 client/server with Oracle 7.2 on windows nt

We have an ORACLE 7.2.3 Server (on windows nt3.51) and it serves on
ipx/*spx
SQL*Net V2.2
My network is novell 4.1 between the client and the server
We use a PENTIUM 166 32MB (WIN95) as client.

The ORACLE Server Manager and SQL*Plus running perfectly on our client.

We can not configure a Borland DBE to connect. We have already collect
a lot of info from the web, but the problem seems to rise similarly:

As we try to open the ORA alias
we receive the following error message:
                Vendor initialisation failed.
                File: ORA72WIN.DLL, or ORA72.dll

in my path i got orawin/bin, and orawin95/bin

i try with file ora72.dll
we receive the following error message:
                ora-03121 not interface driver connected

I but the file tnsnames.ora in the orawin95/network/admin and the
orawin/network/admin

I steel got the same messages, what can i do now to correct the situation
do i have somthing else to do?

I need help

Thank's

Responce to : Ronald.Ber...@tourisme.gouv.qc.ca

Re:Connect Delphi v2 client/server with Oracle 7.2 on windows nt

Can you TNSPing the database alias?  Can you run SQLPlus32 against the
database?  I guess you said it does.

You are correct, that the vendor init .DLL needs to be changed in the BDE
Configuration utility to ORA72.DLL.  Also, use Easy Config to set up the
TNSNAMES file.  Sometimes, if I hand-edit the file, it doesn't work
correctly afterwards, but if I use Easy Config to set up the alias, it
works.  Go Figure.

Also, what order do you have the orawin/bin and orawin95/bin in your path?
It could be that Delphi is trying the 16-bit versions of the Oracle .DLL's,
and failing.  Check to see if there is more than one .DLL that matches the
DLL in your VENDOR INIT section of the BDE Configuration utility.

Good Luck!

Ryan Erickson
r...@erudite.com

TOURISME QUBEC <Berube.Ron...@tourisme.gouv.qc.ca> wrote in article
<01bbe084$dcedd6a0$87b26...@mto-221.RIQ.QC.CA>...

> We have an ORACLE 7.2.3 Server (on windows nt3.51) and it serves on
> ipx/*spx
> SQL*Net V2.2
> My network is novell 4.1 between the client and the server
> We use a PENTIUM 166 32MB (WIN95) as client.
> The ORACLE Server Manager and SQL*Plus running perfectly on our client.
> We can not configure a Borland DBE to connect. We have already collect
> a lot of info from the web, but the problem seems to rise similarly:

> As we try to open the ORA alias
> we receive the following error message:
>                 Vendor initialisation failed.
>                 File: ORA72WIN.DLL, or ORA72.dll

> in my path i got orawin/bin, and orawin95/bin
> Responce to : Ronald.Ber...@tourisme.gouv.qc.ca

Other Threads